Several years ago the phone woke me out of a deep sleep, it was a dear friend. Do you have a close friend who all she has to do is say hi and you know instantly something is wrong? I knew something was really wrong when I heard her greeting. I asked the dreaded question, “what’s wrong?”
After many years of marriage her husband had found someone else–she made him laugh. My friend and I have spent many hours on the phone we have hashed it over and over and over.
I don’t know why it happened, I love my friend I think she would be the ideal wife, but something went wrong.
Today I want to give you some thoughts on things you can do for your husband. Many of these ideas come from Elizabeth Georg’s book, On Being a Godly Wife.
1. Pray for him daily–pray about his success, his spiritual life, and anything else that comes to mind.
2. Plan for him daily–plan a date night now and then, make his favorite meal, pick up the house a little before he gets home. Leave a little note on the door or put a quick note in his lunch.
3. Please him–pay attention to what he likes and dislikes, my husband hates washing his hands in the kitchen and not finding a towel to dry with, I try to keep a towel handy just for him. I would really rather have everything off the counter.
4. Protect your time with him.–Make your husband your number one human priority.
5. Physically love him–I Corinthians 7:3-5
6. Positively respond to him. Say yes as often as you can, he may want you to ride along to Home Depot and you would rather stay home. Go!
7. Praise Him–thank him for what he does, tell him how much you appreciate him.