Have you thought about what you’re going to do different? 2010 is a new decade in case you haven’t noticed. It really is a time to make a new start.
I am always determined to eat right, exercise and stay in touch with Jesus every day. I wonder how many times I have made these same declarations. This year is different I have lost weight (gained some too) I am exercising (some) and I have stayed in touch with the Lord ( at least more than usual. The point is this. . .It’s not enough, I want to do more.
Someone else came up with the ideas I am about to write but I seem to have plenty of thoughts about each one. See what you think!
1. Drink plenty of water–I drink 8 glasses a day, some days I can hardly stand to do it. I helps if I have it measured out.
2. Eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar. Ugh I hate that.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. Get it? Eat less processed foods. I really try to do this, read your ingredients. Cut out the high fructose corn sugar, partially hydrogenated shortening, too much salt and sugar.
4. Live with Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy–I need to work on this especially the empathy part.
5. Make time to pray. Dah, that is a no brainer but why don’t we do it?
6. Play more games. I love games, any game, any time!!
7. Read more books than you did in 2009. You know books keep us well rounded, we can learn so much from books.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. That’s a hard one for me.
9. Sleep for 7 hours. Sleep seems like such a waste of time. Some people just love to spend a day in bed, I can’t stand it. If I ever tell you I was in bed all day call the ambulance, *I need help.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily and smile while you do it. My daughter has been calling me when she gets on the treadmill and that signals me to do the same and we spend a quick 30 minutes chatting while we exercise. I love it.
I will have more for you tomorrow.
I have a new recipe for you. I have eaten it twice and loved it both times. You may make this vegan or you don’t have to.
Sweet potato Pear Jalapeno
2 Tb. Olive oil
1 Large onion chopped–put oil in pan and saute onion a little then add:
1/4 tsp Cumin
3/4 TB Curry powder
2 lbs. Sweet potatoes –peel and cube
6 Cups vegetable stock ( use McKays but you can buy vegetable stock
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Simmer for 30 minutes the above
In a skillet Add below and cook until done:
2 TB butter or margarine
3 ripe pears–peel and cube
1 Fresh jalapeno — take ends off and seeds out and chop small. I use rubber gloves or plastic bags on my hands otherwise it will burn your hands.
Saute jalapeno and pears in butter then add:
1 TB brown sugar -I omitted this
3/4 Cup soy creamer or evaporated milk
Add this to potato mixture
When all is done puree